Why is a home practice and routine important?
Consistent small steps retrain the brain & nervous system-due to neuroplasticity.
Routine helps embed good habits.
Home exercise & self-help strategies are an important part of self-care.
Ergonomic advice is an important aspect of self-care, & to avoid increasing pain- especially in the neck & back.
- Eg: sitting well when using ipads & computers
- Encourage frequent position changes during the day
- Poor head & neck position when using mobiles can contribute to neck & back pain.
Why is goal setting important?
Health coaching/advice, behaviour change & modification are essential to encourage movement & improve function.
Goal setting assists in making manageable steps to improve function & manage the condition.
SMART goals are set, & reviewed every 2-4 weeks.
These are small behavioural changes that are
Time frame review
- Individual consultations and sessions are 60-90 minutes.
- Home visits or zoom sessions
- Available day or evening on request